Nigeria presents a significant macroeconomic investment opportunity with the largest population in Africa and an economy predicted to grow faster than Russia, Brazil or South Africa over the next 10 years. There is now an increased focus by the Federal Government on developing transportation and power infrastructure in public-private partnerships to support this economic growth.
- Is the most populous country in Africa
- Has the largest natural gas reserves on the continent
- Has one of the lowest energy consumption per capita in Africa
- Has an economy underpinned by hydrocarbon resources
- Is predicted to be one of the fastest growing emerging economies
- Is the biggest oil exporter in Africa
- Is a large importer of refined petroleum products
Nigeria's Energy Sector
Nigeria has substantial discovered gas reserves, but an undeveloped domestic gas market due largely to a lack of investment in infrastructure to bring gas to market with most gas development projects directed to the LNG export market.